I’m a total breakfast person. If I don’t get breakfast, you wouldn’t want to be around me as I get super hangry. Starting the day with yogurt and self-made-granola is just perfect.
1 vanilla bean
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 dash of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
250g nut mix (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds)
3 large coffee cups of rolled oats
- Squeeze out orange and collect juice and pulp (if you like) and transfer both into a small pot
- Add maple syrup, oil, vanilla pulp, salt and cinnamon and stir on low heat until maple syrup has dissolved
- In a large bowl mix rolled oats and nuts
- Pour your orange-syrup mix into the bowl and stir until all oats and nuts are covered
- Cover two baking sheets in parchment paper and spread the oat-nut-mix onto it; make sure it is evenly dispersed and only one layer
- Bake for 30-45 min (depending on how dark you like it) at 165 degree Celsius; occasionally push oats around if some get darker than others
- Take the sheets out of the oven and let it cool down; keep stirring every 15 minutes to prevent oats from forming clumps (don’t worry if your granola isn’t crunchy upon taking it out of the oven, it will get when cooling down)
- Once the mix is cooled down, store it in airtight container.