Spring. Is. Here. Foodwise: The first strawberries, the first asparagus – I couldn’t walk past them in the grocery store and had to
eat devour it immediately.
400g green asparagus
1 tablespoon of black cumin seeds
5 fresh mint leaves
for the vinaigrette
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon maple syrup
4 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
8 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut and wash asparagus into bite-sized pieces, wash it and roast it in some olive oil with the black cumin seeds
- In the meantime, wash and cut the strawberries
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the above ingredients together
- When asparagus has the desired consistency (something between 7-10 min), place it on a plate, disperse the strawberries. Cover it with the dressing and the finely chopped mint leaves. Season it with freshly ground salt & pepper
- If you want it to be more savoury, oven-roasted goat cheese pieces are an amazing addition.
Enjoy your food-gasm!