When I lived in New York, I kind of forcibly cut back on carbohydrates, discovering I felt much fitter without it. Since then I look out for protein-rich meals. This is one example.
1 cup quinoa
400g chicken breast
100 mL white wine
500 mL vegetable broth
2 cloves of garlic
1 chili pepper
250g cherry tomatoes
6 mint leaves
salt, garlic pepper, olive oil, lemon juice
- Set up 2 cups of water with some salt and add the quinoa once the water is boiling; cook for approximately 30 minutes
- In a pot, braise a roughly cut onion and the smashed garlic cloves for a few moments, then deglaze with white wine. Then add the chili and the chicken and let simmer on low heat for 10-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through
- In the meantime, smash the avocado, add salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice
- For the salad, cut tomatoes, cucumber, mint leaves and season with salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice
- When the chicken is cooked through take it out of the broth (which you can keep to add flavour to other recipes! Just strain it through a sieve, let cool down and store in a jar in the frigde) and with two forks tear it apart. Add it to the smashed avocado
- Once the quinoa is done, take it out and put it into the bowl. Add the other components and enjoy!